Thursday, March 4, 2010

Translation anyone??

The following is an email conversation I had with a customer at work. His email messages are in quotes. My responses are in blue. Does anyone know what it means to "reg" an account?


1:39 a.m.

"i cannot reg my accounts on line and have notime during biz hrs to do it as i must support my family, if you can get it reset so i might do it at time like this, off hrs, then i can reg and make use of the accounts."

Call Online Banking Help and they can help you. 1-800-539-1539

8:59 a.m.
"not after hrs, pleas take care of it"

I do not have the ability to reset anything with online banking. You have to call that number. Sorry.

9:33 a.m.
"ACT AS ME AND GET IT DONE AND CALL ME ON CEL 801-xxx-xxxx WITH INFO THANKS"


2:54 a.m.
"not opened, u gave me bad advise, not good"

My apologies, I thought that was a 24 hour line. You will have to call back during business hours. It should not take more than five minutes. I cannot act as you and do it for you, as that would be unethical. I'm not sure what more to tell you.


6 comments:

The Luke Family said...

" reg" means Rig.

C'mon Josh!!! J/K I have no friggin idea, but I bet I can guess where he is from.

Did I say that?

Ski Bike Junkie said...

This has nothing to do with your post except that your post reminded me of it.

My office is on the same floor as a drug testing lab. The other offices on the floor are a dentist office, a financial planner, and a couple law offices. You kind of learn to recognize which clients are heading where, especially because all the financial planner clients are old, and all the drug testing lab clients look like they've been dying for the past two weeks in hopes of filling the cup with urine that won't ring the dope-o-meter.

So this morning I got on the elevator at the bottom level of the parking garage. Elevator stops at the top level, and a guy gets on. I immediately think "drug test client" and assume he's heading to my floor. I'm more certain when I see a piece of paper with the drug test lab letterhead in his hand.

Anyway, guy punches the button for the lobby, exactly two flights of stairs up from where he just got on, and I'm thinking "great, he's lazy and stupid. Can't take the stairs one floor to the building directory and too stupid to figure out which floor he wants based on the suite number on the paper in his hand."

I wish I could come back and tell you whether or not his test was clean.

LoriAlbrecht said...

Karyn,

This guy is American.

Kelly said...

HEHEHEH

Brett Pritchard said...

"Reg" means register, i think. I think he was trying to register online.

Brett Pritchard said...

I think "reg" means register? Was he trying to register for an account online?