Friday, April 8, 2011

Mommy Blogs...


We started feeding our baby rice cereal a couple of times a day. He loves it. We got a lot of crap from pretty much everyone for not feeding him anything but breast milk for so long, but like my brother told me, "The nice thing about being a parent is that you get to decide what's right for your kid, the copious free and conflicting advice you'll receive notwithstanding."

That being said, this same brother and I don't see eye to eye on everything. For one, he hates blogs like the one you are currently reading. Actually, I'm not so sure that hate is the right word. Let's go back to October 18, 2009, when he used two of his strongest talents: writing and being a smart a%$, to humorously describe what he calls "mommy blogs" and the rampant creation of these blogs in the cyber world. Is hate the right word? Probably not, but my vocabulary is not extensive enough to come up with a better word right now. Read the post in that link. It's funny.

With all of my free time I have lately, I have been trying to develop a hobby. I have often thought about the fact that I don't have a hobby. I hate it. I used to love to snowboard, but I'm too poor to do it now. I think I could get into golf, but again, money is an issue there. I like to cook, but I have a wife who, for the most part, has the taste buds of a pre-teen. The only other real interest I have had has been photography. Taking pictures has always kind of interested me, but since I've been married, that job has always been up to Lori. She has a nice camera and used to work at a couple of different photography studios. We never really thought of photography being a hobby that we could do together, until now.

I guess it only makes sense that since I write on a "mommy blog" I may as well start taking pictures. However, once the weather starts warming up, I don't know how much portrait photography I will be doing. I'd like to photograph things. Nature, bridges, landscapes, power lines, sunsets, architecture...

I've started reading, watching tutorials, and practicing. I'm having fun. Maybe once I figure things out, I can stop writing on my "mommy blog" and write about things I learn, tricks I have discovered, and hopefully post some cool shots. In the meantime, here are some pictures I took a couple of days ago of the most photogenic kid in the world.










3 comments:

Summer Girl said...

Ok a couple of housekeeping items...1. Why is it everytime Josh you write a post it is 'posted by LoriAlbrecht' and vice versus? and 2. Is that a Nintendo game in JJ's hands? Love, Love Love the new pics! You'll apreciate the record keeping 'mommy blog' later. Also we started rice cereal with Aaron last week, and I was more uptight with him than Grace! Squish that cute baby for me!

LoriAlbrecht said...

Funny observations. We are both too lazy to sign out and sign back in to or own account. I'm not sure how it always works out to be wrong. Yes, that is a nintendo game. Super nintendo, to be exact.

thebartonblog said...

he IS pretty dang photogenic...